About Me Ask Me Things
Music Videos Reference Art Resources Madoka Magica Legend of Korra
Cosplay My Little Pony Kingdom Hearts Homestuck
We tend to see these tutorials not in English so here is a fabulous Spandex over Foam Tutorial from Ruffle Butt Cosplay.
While the tutorial is made with Spandex, you can definitely use it with 2-way or 4-way stretch vinyl.
Here are pictures of cosplay armor using this method.
Photo: About.com | Manga
Photo: Cosplay.com | Goldy
BTW, this is Goldy. He popularized this method and is one of my cosplay idols. He creates workshops for this in Japan and is super nice. I met him in person and really wished I was able to take a picture with him. I hope our paths cross again!
welp now i know how to make my gurren lagann cosplay in the future
Fruit & Herb Infused Water
Make a pitcher - perfect for springtime!Lavender Citrus Water - Best if consumed first thing in the morningalleviates anxiety, digestive aid, liver detoxifier, antibacterial, alkalizer
- 3 large lemons, cut into thick slices
- ¼ cup lavender
- ½ gallon of waterMinty Pineapple Watergood for digestion, high in Vitamin A&C, combats allergies, energy, prevent nausea, metabolism
- 8-10 mint leaves
- 1/4 portion of a pineapple, peeled and cut into small triangles
- 8 cups waterBlackberry Sage Waterhigh in antioxidants, bone health, helps relieve PMS, skin rejuvenator, anti-inflammatory, anti-viral
- 10 cups of water
- 1 cup of blackberries that have been very slightly crushed
- 3-4 sage leavesWatermelon Rosemary Waterheart healthy, potassium, diuretic, improved memory, mood elevator, fresh breath, anti-aging
- 10 cups of water
- 1 cup of watermelon cut into cubes
- 2 rosemary stemsRefrigerate over night if possible, otherwise, at least 3 hours.Enjoy!
• Accidentally close a tab? Ctrl+Shift+T reopens it.
• Bananas release dopamine, eat them when you’re sad.
• CTRL+SHIFT+ESC is the one handed version of CTRL+ALT+DEL
• Don’t brush your teeth hard, it makes them sensitive and removes enamel.
• Don’t like spiders? Put citronella oil on your walls and they will not go there.
• Drink one glass of water for every alcoholic drink you have, you’ll get drunk without getting a hangover.
• Get clear ice cubes by boiling water before freezing it
• Heal paper cuts and immediately stop the pain with chapstick.
• If you accidentally write on your dry erase board with a permanent marker, scribble over it with a dry eraser marker to remove it.
• If your shoes smell, put them in the freezer overnight, it will kill the bacteria.
• Make bug bites stop itching with a banana peel.
• Make a paper longer with 12-point text, but 14-point periods and commas.
• Need to get around a blocked website at work? Try replacing the http:// with https://
• Never send your resume as a word file (unless asked) Instead, print it to a pdf file, it’s much cleaner and professional looking.
• Pick a flavor of gum you don’t normally chew, and chew it while studying during a test.
• Place a piece of bread in a container with your homemade cookies and they will stay soft.
• Put a dry towel into a dryer with wet clothes, they will dry faster.
• Put toothpaste on a pimple and it will dry out.
• Practise fake smiling in the mirror every day before going to work/school, you’ll genuinely start to feel happier.
• Rub canola/olive oil on knives before cutting onions, you won’t cry, alternatively chew gum and you won’t either.
• Short on time with a wrinkled dress shirt? Hang it up in the bathroom to steam it flat.
• The night before, place things you don’t want to forget the next morning on top of your shoes.
• Use hydrogen peroxide to remove blood stains from clothing.
• When cleaning windows use newspapers or coffee filters instead of paper towels, they will not leave streaks.
• When microwaving bread products/pizza put a glass of water in with it, it will keep your bread for going spongy.
• When you move into a new place you’re renting, take pictures of any and all damage, then post them on facebook (privately if preferred) so you can use the reference date as proof you didn’t do it.
• When searching plane tickets online delete your cookies prior, prices go up when you visit a site multiple times. <sma
(( Heres some fish puns for feferi and or eridan roleplays and cosplays:op-perch-tuna-ty : Opportunity
Shore - Sure
Hershell/Himshell/Yourshell/Myshell - Herself/Himself/Yourself/Myself
Cod - God/Could
Eeling - Feeling
Whale - Well
Reelly - Really
Min-now - Know
Sea - See
Gillarious/Gillarity - Hilarious
Splashing/Swimming/Floating - Hanging/Being/Etc
Cull - Kill
Carping/Glubbing - Talking/Chatting/Etc
Kelp - Help
Salmon - Seldom/summon
Debait - Debate
Sardinonic - Sardonic
Cullshit - Bullshit
Krilling - Killing
Doofish - Doofus
Shingle - Single
Appiers - Appears
Crayative - Creative
Haddock - Had
Waded - Walked
Roe - Row
Beach - Bitch
Buri - Bury
Knot - Not
Manta - Meant
Outraygeous - Ray
Cuttle - Cuddle
Codn’t - Couldn’t.
Aboat - About
Pike - Like
Melan-Coley - Melancholic
Pacific - Specific
Crabby - Crappy
Crappie - Crappy
Porpoise - Purpose
Halibut - Hell of it
Ruff - Rough
Plaice - Place
Discus - Discuss
Water - What are
Koi - Coy
Betta - Better
Shellfish - Selfish
Bluefish - Sad
Tail - Tell/Trail
Fintastic - Fantastic
Fintasy - Fantasy
Fin - Find
Otter-wise - Otherwise
Sole - Soul/Sole
Floundering - Fumbling
Lobsta - Lotsa
Clam up - Shut up
Aquainted - Acquainted
sea-rious - serious
bereef - believe
anemone - anyone
sea eeled - sealed
brisling - i dont know
shrimply - simply
mackerel - mack
bereef - believe
bouys and gills - boys and girls
adorabubble - adorable
alwaves - always
banks - thanks
boat - but
chumming - coming
clamera - camera
cod - god
cods - cops
conchur - concur
courtessea - courtesy
crap - carp
cull/krill - kill
endorsal - endorse
fin - fine
fintastic - fantastic
flounders - flowers
frond - friend
gillty - guilty
glub - club
good reef - good grief
groupers - groupies
herring - hearing
jellyfish - jelly
eel - keel
kelp - help
kraken - crackin’
mako - make
moray eels - morails
minnows - minutes
mussle - muscle
octopi - occupy
offishial - official
otter - other
porpoise - purpose
reelistic - realistic
reely - really
reashoreance - reassurance
salmon - summon
sandollar - dollar
sea - see
shark - sharp
shell - shall
shelfish - selfish
shello - hello
shore - sure
snail - nail
spurt - spit
sturgeon - surgeon
surfant - servant
tide - tied
tuna - tune
unconchious - unconcious
undersand - understand
water - what are
whale - well
whalecome - welcome
yacht - oughtPracfis)(ing=practicing
Kicknames for ot)(er c)(aracters
Karkat=Crabsnack, Crabcatch, Crabass, Carpkat, Karcatfish, Carpcatfish, Crappiekat, Crapkat, Crabkat,
Eridan= Ericrab, ericlam, Eridab, Herringdan,
Tavros= Dabros, Tavray, Tavrainbow trout, Tunaros
Gamzee= Gamzebrafish, Gamsea
Sollux= Sol, Solloach
Aradia= Seastaradia, Aradorado
Nepeta= Nepetailfin, Nepiranha, Nepufferfish,
Kanaya= Kanayellow perch, killifishya
Terezi= Terezebrafish, Tetrarezi
Vriska= Vriskoi, Vrisquid
Feferi= Fefherring, Feferaysturgeon = surgeon
mullet = mull it
brill-iant = brilliant
shoal = show
clam-ering = clamoring
moray-eel = moirail
shad = tad
There you go
I’ve always hated doing shoe and boot covers until my friend introduced me to this method. Turns out it’s not very well known how to do it! So I decided to take some photos while I did my most recent ones and make a tutorial for others to use. This tutorial can be used for socks, shoe covers, spats, custom boots, and anything else you can think of!
I’m only covering how to make the pattern, not how to sew it because I feel like that part is pretty straight forward.
Here we go~
Skill level required: beginner
- a body
- a friend!(not required, but VERY helpful!)
Here are your supplies! I used blue tape because it’s what I had lying around, but I would suggest packers tape. It’s a lot easier.
Ok, step 1! Put on your shoe and start wrapping your leg with the saran wrap. It sticks to itself, so this step is pretty easy. I am making suuuper high boots, so I have the wrap pretty high up. Only go as high as what you’re making to cut down on time& supplies. Also, be sure to get all around your shoe(and underneath if you’re making a custom sole).
It is very important that you are keeping your leg straight from here on out. If you bend it, the tape and everything will move around and your pattern won’t fit as well as you’d like. So keep your leg straight!
Step 2, tape bracers. I suggest putting long strips down the center front, center back, and perpendicular in key spots(top, mid thigh, above/below knee, mid calf, ankle, foot arch, toes) these strips will act as support for the rest of the tape and prevent you from taping too tight.
Step 3, the fun has begun! Tape, tape, tape!! Looks good, right??
WRONG! Here’s where it’s important to have a friend helping. It’s hard to reach everywhere unless you are very flexible.
Step 4,Be sure you have everything covered in tape before moving on to the next step.
Step 5, mark your seams. I suggest doing a front and back seam, if not more. Did some dashes up the front of my leg for where I wanted the seam, and then used a flexible quilting ruler to make it a straight line. Since I was doing this on my own, I couldn’t draw the back seam. I’ll show you how to do that in a few steps!
Step 6, cut it off. BE CAREFUL, PLEASE. Especially around your knees and ankles.
Step 7, you are now free from your sweaty leg prison!
Take your cast off your leg, but leave your shoe in.
Step 8, Now that it’s off, tape up any spots you may have missed, including the bottom of the shoe if you’re making the bottoms as well. Mark around the bottom edge of the shoe to get the correct shape, and cut it out.
Step 9, this is for if you didn’t draw& cut your back seam. Lay out your cast and fold it as closely in half as you can. I have the legs of a 6th grader, so mine folds very nicely without many bulges. If yours doesn’t, fear not! Just get it as close as you can to in half and we’ll flatten it out in a bit.
Step 10, cut it in half! Looking good so far! This is also where you can add extra seams and style lines if your character calls for it.
Step 11, we’re now going to transfer your pattern to butcher paper! If your pattern isn’t laying flat, here’s what you do…
*snip* that’s it! When you’re tracing your pattern, you just sketch between the opening to make it a smooth line.
Step 12, Finish tracing it out, and your pattern is done! Yaaaay we made it! Haha Mark the outside/inside in a way that you can tell them apart(I used O and I). Don’t mix them up!
From here, you need to add seam allowance before cutting it out otherwise it’ll be too tight!
That’s it! After that, the sewing part is pretty straight forward. I would suggest knit fabrics and maybe a short zipper at the ankle, but if you want to use a woven that’s fine; just add a bit more ease and include a zipper up the back from top to bottom.
Let me know if you have any questions, and hopefully you won’t hate doing shoe covers as much now! haha
Coloured Eyebrows ^_^ ….. (even on thick dark brows)
All these colors were achieved with red, yellow, blue, and green food coloring mixed into white frosting. The amount of drops needed for the color you want is underneath the icing color. So convenient. :)
saving this for later.
oooohhhh reference yes
idk i’ve been struggling finding resources for certain things so i thought i’d pool them in case anyone else needs them too
wigs and wig treatment
Care for a Wig
Wig Styling Walkthrough
Cut Bangs on Wig
Gravity Defying Bangs
Cleaning a Wig
Detangling + Washing
Wash a Wig
Building on a wig - Jessie, Pokemon
Layering a Wig
Long Hair Under Wig
Straighten a Spikey Wig
Sebastian Michaelis - Kuroshitsuji
Sasuke - Naruto
How to Apply Eyeliner
How to Apply Blush
How to Apply Liquid Foundation
Flawless Skin With Makeup
Acne Covering Makeup
Girl / Boy Makeup
6 Secrets I Learned at Makeup Artist School
How to Apply Contour Makeup
Grell Sutcliff Makeup Tutorial
Bishounen (Pretty Boy) Makeup
Fake Facial Hair
Fake Wounds / Scar
Mello Scar Makeup
Scrapes & Bruises
Gouged Eye Makeup
8 Fake Blood Recipes
No-Cook Edible Fake Blood
Make a Temporary Tattoo
How To Conceal Tattoos
Sebastian Contract Symbol - Black Butler
wow i really hope this helped people like it helped me!
You heard right: INVISIBLE SHOES!
A great tutorial on making invisible shoes for all those characters who run around barefoot.
I have been saying for weeks: I cringe whenever I see Jack Frost cosplayers standing bare-foot in the snow, or Rapunzels wandering around convention floors or gravel roads in bare feet, and so on.
This is the answer.